Having a perfect life partner is very exciting. It is also normal to feel lots of nervousness and excitement together since it is a juggling situation. Maybe you are not sure about both the person and the meeting as it’s the first time making everything stressful. You may reach some best matrimonial sites to get the preferred candidate profiles. Your view about marriage could be different, the first meeting is to express yourself and to know the other person you are going to spend your life with. If your friends and family have got someone to meet for you, take some time to prepare yourself: what you are going to wear, ask, what place to visit, and what were your preference and meaning of marriage. Be confident and honest, you would come across as great.
- Set up a place where you are comfortable: this is one of the important events of life so it is obvious to feel a little nervous. If you choose the place, grab a convenient place and a good place to talk. You must go to some coffee shop or café or meet her in a park.
- Prefer to be with the parent if it is the first meeting, it may take place at the home of one of you or relatives or any common friends. If it is comfortable for her as well.
- Ask to change the place if someone suggests meeting in a place which you do not care for.
- Dress up nicely: if you are going to have a Punjabi marriage, dressing is an important aspect of your meeting as Punjabi girls generally love well-dressed men. You have to show the other person that you are taking everything seriously, so never be too casual.
- Make a list of your preferences: the logic behind your first meeting is to check whether you are comfortable and belong to each other or not. It means you are going to need to be personal, it may be strange if you have not dated someone earlier. It is acceptable to ask deep questions. To ensure you never forget anything, make a list of some topics.
- Allow your parents to take the lead: in Indian society, the first meeting includes parents or friends of both sides. If this is the situation you do not need to worry much. The parents would take care of everything and ask most of the grounded questions and create a base already.
- Initial conversation: Start your conversation with small questions like her name, about the family, belongings, etc. before asking anything about her, always tell yours first. Try to relax in such a stressful situation as well and try to be a little funny or humorous to ease her out. While it is necessary to talk about serious subjects, you never have to jump into the bigger questions. Never try to raise your tone during the meeting by asking light questions. You may still get a sense of what the other person is like based on the answer.