The Indian healthcare industry is making remarkable progress at the world level and being an eminent part of healthcare, the demand for trained and qualified physiotherapists is also growing. And according to the reports, the Indian physiotherapy market is predicted to reach $1.9 Billion by the year 2030 from $0.96 in the year 2022. And with this, the physiotherapy industry offers numerous job options for BPT graduates.
If you are interested in making a fruitful career in this industry then read this blog that includes the list of all the popular job options available after studying at the BPT colleges in Tamilnadu.
All about the Bachelor of Physiotherapy degree
Bachelor of Physiotherapy is an undergraduate course that focuses on the human body’s structure. The term “physiotherapy” refers to a type of treatment that uses mechanical and physical forces. It is done to preserve and restore functional abilities in addition to maximal movement. Here, students will learn about forms of therapy and exercises that are effective even without the usage of the drug.
Key highlights of the BPT course offered by BPT colleges in Tamilnadu-
|Minimum Eligibility Criteria
|Based on Merit
|2-8 Lakh per annum
Job opportunities after completing a BPT degree
After getting a BPT degree from the best physiotherapy colleges in Coimbatore, students receive a plethora of job opportunities in health & fitness clinics, hospitals, schools, multinational companies, sports organisations/teams, educational institutes, research & development centres, or can start their private physiotherapy centre.
Let’s discuss the popular job options BPT graduates choose-
- Physiotherapist- The most common job profile students of BPT colleges in TamilNadu apply after completion of their course is Physiotherapist. A physiotherapist deals with patients to create specialised programs intended to restore their functional capacity and movement as much as possible which are impacted by any disease, injury, environmental factors, ageing, etc.
- Chiropractor- A chiropractor uses spinal adjustments to keep the spine in proper alignment to treat the back and neck discomfort of the patients. A chiropractor focuses on the body’s capacity for self-healing and incorporates additional therapies like diet and exercise.
- Home care Physiotherapist- The home care physiotherapist assesses and manages the care of individuals with physical disabilities in a home. It is intended for patients who might not be able to leave their homes to obtain physical therapy or who would feel more comfortable getting therapies at home.
- Lecturer- After studying at BPT colleges in Coimbatore, you can apply to educational institutions for the position of lecturer/professor. In this profile, you will teach, mentor and guide future physiotherapists on concepts and techniques related to physiotherapy.
- Health service Managers- These are the healthcare professionals that look after the planning and operations of hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, and other healthcare facilities.
- Sports Physio Rehabilitator- This physiotherapist focuses on providing treatment and rehabilitation of injuries to the sportsperson. This is one of the emerging job profiles that you can pursue after studying at BPT colleges in TamilNadu. Now, every national and international team recruits their personal physiotherapist to access the fitness level and take care of sports injuries.
- Therapy Manager- The therapy Manager is accountable for managing the therapeutic area successfully by getting in touch with customers, spreading the word about the product, responding to questions, and introducing new goods.
Why select Cheran College of Physiotherapy for the BPT course?
- The college offers career counselling assistance and placement opportunities in many reputed hospitals and clinics such as Ganga Hospital, Apollo Hospital, Green Med Hospital, Kumaran medical centre, etc.
- This is one of the reputed Physiotherapy colleges in Tamilnadu that offers fully equipped exercise therapy and electrotherapy laboratories and a computerized library.
- The faculty members at this college are highly qualified in teaching physiotherapy concepts and provide guidance & support for research activities.
We hope this blog has done justice in helping you understand the different job options available to you after completing the BPT course. Now you can make a flourishing career in the physiotherapy industry by joining BPT colleges in Tamilnadu and choosing any of the above-mentioned job options in the future.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the must-have skillset to pursue a BPT course?
To be a successful physiotherapist, a BPT student should possess these skillsets-
- Convincing & persuasive
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledge and skills to use physiotherapy tools & equipment
- Scientific knowledge behind every process of physiotherapy
What are the higher education options for BPT graduates in India?
To become an expert in a specialised field and to widen their career opportunities, BPT graduates can choose to study MPT courses. You can study this course with a specialisation in pulmonary, Orthopedics, neurology, sports, and cardiorespiratory.
What are the benefits of studying for a Bachelor of Physiotherapy?
The advantages/benefits of studying a Bachelor of Physiotherapy are-
- Increasing demand for qualified physiotherapists in various sectors
- Rewarding salary
- Enormous Career Opportunities
- Practical learning exposure
- A satisfying and fulfilling career option
- An affordable course with a good return on investment.
Is BPT better than BSc nursing?
Both BPT and BSc nursing courses have their own value but if we compare both the courses based on the career opportunities and salary package then BPT graduates have an added advantage in getting better pay packages and wider career options to choose from than nursing graduates. However, getting admission into BPT courses is a little more difficult than getting admission into nursing courses.
Which government organisations recruit physiotherapists?
Sports Authority of India, AIIMS, National Ayush Mission, ITBP, CRPF, and NIEPMD are certain government organisations that recruit physiotherapists. After completion of your BPT degree from the top BPT colleges in Tamilnadu, you can apply for job positions in these organisations.